Thursday, October 2, 2008

And...I'm Out...

Tomorrow evening will be the beginning of my new life. A life with a man who loves me, adores me and above all, respects me as a person. Tomorrow will be the first day of my new life and I could not be more excited!

My family is not too happy to say the least and I can't understand why. I have lived in this place for over 10 years and have been so unhappy for the majority. This has never felt like home to me and I always knew in the back of my mind that I would leave. It was only a matter of time. That time has come. Be happy that I am moving on with what I want to do. Be happy that I am doing what I have said for years that I was going to do. Most of all, just be happy that I am finally happy.

I have children that have barely left the state. Growing up in a military family, I was fortunate to have seen a lot of places and meet many diverse people. I feel that having those experiences has enriched my life greatly and has made me see the world in a way that not many people get to participate in. Now, I have the opportunity to pass those experiences and lessons learned onto my own children. Granted, not everyone agrees with me pulling them from school and moving them to the other side of the country. But I know my children better than anyone else ever could and I am confident that they will flourish.

There will be hard times, I know. I have never been this far from my immediate family and I will definitely miss them. My kids will not always be so excited about living so far from the only home they have ever known. I know this and understand every one's concerns. But in the long run, my kids will have more opportunities than they could have where we currently are.

This place is full of closed minded people who have barely left their front porch. I refuse to let my kids to grow up in that environment. I refuse to live in that environment myself. Don't get me wrong, I have made friends here but it has been few and far between. Once people hear my ideals on worldly things, I'm completely written off. I never want my children to have to experience that in their life and the only way to do that is to teach them that there is an entire world out there for them to conquer. What better way than to let them see and experience it for themselves?

I will miss my family greatly. My sister is my best friend and she seems to be the only one in this world who completely understands me. My parents are nutty just like anyone else's parents, but they are mine and they have helped me through so much. But it's time to live my life for me and my kids.

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Hope you all stop in for a visit once in awhile.

No comments: