Sunday, February 28, 2010

HOLY COW!!

It's been close to a year since my last blog update. SOOOO much has happened in the past year and I'm having a hard time deciding where to even begin...
The biggest thing that has happened this year is that my husband has been deployed to Iraq. It's been the hardest thing that I have ever had to deal with and at times I wonder if I'm strong enough to handle all that deployment brings. I support my husband in all he does and I couldn't be more proud of him. But there are days when I doubt myself and my abilities to get through the year. His orders to Iraq are for 12 months and thank heavens, we are almost halfway complete!!
I have learned so much about myself and who I am while my he's been away. We decided before he deployed that I would stick it out at home and not move to Colorado with his family. I never really had to do anything on my own so making the decision to stay was very hard. But being on my own, if I want or need something done, I have to do it or it won't get done. I have to rely on myself for certain things. That was a big step for me and I realized that I'm stronger than I once thought.
I miss my husband every single second of every single day and can't wait until he comes home. But until then, I will continue to raise our children and count down the days until he comes home for good. I plan to continue blogging and keeping everyone up to date on this deployment. Pray I can keep my sanity!!

No comments: