Monday, July 28, 2008

Standards too High?? Nah!!

I miss him. I miss him so much that it hurts. There is an ache in my chest that won't go away and seems to grow worse as the days pass. I feel like a part of my soul is missing. In 18 days we will see each other again. 18 days that seems like a lifetime to me now.

I can't even begin to explain my feelings for this man. He is the most incredible man I have ever known and I can't wait to start our life together. This is the man I want to make memories with, the man I want to raise my children with, the man I want to grow old with. And I finally found him...

Just like any other young girl, I used to fantasize about what I wanted in a man. He had to, of course, be attractive, smart and funny. But I always had specifics in mind as well. He needed to have a zest for life, a constant passion for the woman in his life, and just had to get me through and through. I wanted a soulmate. Some would say that I had set my standards too high and that finding someone that could meet all those specifications would prove impossible. And the more men I met, the more I began to believe that my soulmate did not exist.

I settled more than once and more than once, my heart was broken. It was devastating and the search was exhausting. I finally came to the conclusion that what I wanted from a man was unattainable. Giving up was my only option. But the universe has a funny way of working out because once I quit looking, he was so neatly placed on my doorstep. He is exactly everything that I always wanted in a man and so much more. He loves me with such passion, his attention to detail is impeccable and he lets it be known everyday that I am the woman for the rest of his life.

Moral of the story? Don't ever give up on what you want out of a relationship, no matter the nature. Your life and your needs are far too important to compromise. The sooner that you realize that giving up on what you truly want is not an option, the less heartbreaks that you will have to deal with. Don't let anyone in your life tell you that your standards are impossible for anyone to reach because there will always be someone out there for everyone.

No comments: