Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bad Mom!


I'm sure this is something that all mothers deal with at one time or another: children who refuse to listen. Lately I have felt like my kids and I do not speak the same language. Maybe somewhere in the nine years that I have been a mother, my kids learned to speak Portuguese and I missed it. Whatever the case may be, I am completely frustrated.

There have been times when I will look my kids directly in the eye, explain what needs to be done and they will literally look at me and say, "Huh?" Or after explaining, they will turn around and do the exact opposite. Please tell me I am not the only mother who is dealing with this right now!! What am I supposed to do? I'm pretty sure it's illegal to eat your young.

Still I continue to love my kids. They are pains in the booty sometimes, but all in all, they are extremely well behaved. I pity the mother at the grocery store that has to fight with her kids through the entire store or the mother that can't even leave the house for fear of what her kids may do to embarrass her in public. I've always received high praise for how polite and courteous the are. Pat myself on the back for that one!

Tomorrow is a new day...but, oh dear lord, one day closer to the teenage years!!!

1 comment:

Mindi Henry said...

Wow can I relate!! I really think my children have the ability to completely turn my voice off in their heads. There are days I feel like I might kill 'em - But then they normally do something to make me laugh and I forget the whole thing. It's crazy how that works.... :)