Sunday, September 7, 2008

It's so close now...

It really hit me today that I will soon be leaving for Arizona. In about four weeks from now, I will be leaving my family behind and traveling 1,800 miles to start a new life. Today was the first day that I actually got truly excited about going.

My three kids are so excited about getting to live in a new place. Somewhere completely different from anywhere they have ever been before. But they are mostly excited about the two new kids they get to live with. Yes, I will become a stepmom. Well, not until we're married, but close enough. My son will finally have another boy around to do things with. I can see it now, all the trouble and mayhem these two boys will create. All the pranks they pull on their sisters, all the bugs collected to scare mom and all the video games played with dad.

This move is going to be so hard, but I know that the benefits of bringing our families together will far outweigh the stress.

No comments: