Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Almost gone!

Two weeks and I will be gone!! I am so excited to leave Ohio and get back to what I know. I have never felt that this place is where I belong at all. In my bones, I feel it. Time to leave is getting closer and people keep asking if I am nervous. Honestly, I'm not. And that makes me nervous.

I am moving about 2,000 miles away from my family to be with a man in a place where I don't know a single soul. I have never been away from my family and have always been too scared to go too far. Anytime I needed something, they were just a hop, skip and a jump away to make it all better. I could always rely on them to cheer me up, make me laugh and listen to my stupid stories. Need a movie date? Call them up and they were there. Backyard bbqs during the summertime, cheering on the Buckeyes while they kicked Michigan's ass, nights of playing trivial pursuit. They are who makes me, well, me.

I am stepping out of my comfort zone and I am not afraid. I am ready for a change in my life and can't wait to see what is waiting around the next corner. People think that what I am doing is nuts but I have never felt more confident in any decision that I have ever made in my life. I am so excited to start over and begin a new life completely and work to get it right. My companion in this ain't that bad to look at either...

No comments: